So I find myself writing after much time off. Some significant changes and some small changes have occured since my last post some other things have, I guess in some small ways remained the same. That should give me comfort but not always. Since last posting the following has happened.
1. I moved out from living with my ex who I lived with for exactly one year after our breakup. The fighting was becoming too much. I was disliking who I was becoming and hating her for who she was.
2. The last week under the same roof when we finally began talking, at times even laughing and trying to be civil and remember we were friends I pulled out of my garage and smashed my car into hers. I swear it was an accident. I sat on the wet pavement in the driveway and cried for 15 minutes.
3. I grew a closer friendship with my other ex “F” the first guy I dated after K. He is still in my life and an important part of it , we have been a good support for each other and great fun. He is my confidant and at times my advisor, we tell each other everything I mean everything. We should probably have more filters but we don’t. As I type I’m awaiting to hear how his date went tonight, I’m a bit embarassed to admit I feel some jealously.
4. My good friend and strongest bad ass woman I know was diagnosed with breast cancer. Within a week of that diagnosis she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer which had spread to her lungs, spine, liver, both breasts and ribs. As I write this she is in chemo and radiation. She just shaved her hair completely off 2 days ago-she is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. So vulnerable and strong at the same time I want to hug her and worship her simultaneously.
5. I have joined just about every dating site there is to join eharm, match, POF, yadda yadda in hopes of moving forward finding my Mr Oh so perfect for me. I have gotten various requests asking if I was DTF -Down To Fuck or nut cases with little to say and less of a brain to know when not to speak at all.
6. I have been forced to reorganize my finances now that I am living alone again. Easier said than done sometimes.
7. I have seen and met with girlfriends in different stages of their lives-a newly expectant mother, an engaged bride to be, a newly rejuvenated 40 something opening up for the first time in her life to love and letting her walls down, an intelligent woman on the cusp of a life altering moment of deciding when enough is enough with her currently married boyfriend. I love them all I am grateful for their friendship. They force me to reflect on my life.
Since 2009 December has sucked for me, one year the death of my brother, the next the break up of my relationship, and now moving from a place I had lived for the past 8 years. I spent my holiday battling my family my mother mostly and then escaped to “F’s” house where I finally felt relaxed.
As always I excel at work, really do well, overachieve, outperform, get the job done and make it happen. However I have recently begun to feel like this is not translating to my personal life. Well it never has this isnt new. I entertain fantasies of running away to France, sitting at cafes smoking and awaiting a man that allows me to play the role of a mistress in his life. A role that leaves us fulfilled temporarily while we are together but allows me the detachment I seem to always need and live in.
I feel lost, I feel underwelmed and it has hit me so sudden. The routines of daily life are boring me, I feel stagnant, I feel repetative. I feel like other people are on fast forward or at least play but for a while I have been hitting the rewind button. I read books, I try meditation, I “think positive thoughts” but as I sit here I feel like nothing is changing.
I’m restarting therapy tomorrow and the thought of discussing my friend who has Cancer leaves me unsettled. I am not looking forward to revisiting the idea of loss. I have barely started putting myself back together from the past 2 years and when I think of her I begin to unravel again. Everything else becomes an augmented verision of loss even when its no where near a death. I just can’t keep losing, I need stability, I need a guarantee, I need consistency. This is so unfathomable to a person who never remained still, who ran from conformity, who wanted nothing to do with commitment and kids. I have happiness, guilt, love, care, aggravation, disappointment, fun, carefree, heavy and guarded. What do I want? wants and needs, just when I’m absolutely sure it changes or I realize indeed what I thought I needed or wanted was neither.